Tuesday, January 29

The Solution and the Problem


Iron- who would've thought? Too much iron can make you sick, throw-up sick. I'm slightly perturbed that my doctor didn't mention that this could be the case.

So we tried an experiment- I went for 4 days without taking my prenatal vitamin. The nausea didn't totally go away but was a whole lot more manageable than before.

Just to test, I took a vitamin last night and woke up puking.

So I called the doctor today to see if there were other vitamins I could take or if I could stop taking it completely.

She said it would be perfectly fine to stop taking the vitamin altogether... as long as I had a few glasses of orange juice everyday to get enough folic acid and stuff.

The problem... I LOATHE orange juice.

Weird, I know.

So what brands of super-sweet, non-pulpy, orange juice do you all like?




3 comments:

Holly Reynolds said...

So I know this doesn't really answer your questions, because I like the super pulpy, not overly sweet orange juice. But I heard that Vitamin C helps the body absorb Iron. So maybe if you took a Vitamin C pill along with your prenatal that would help..maybe? Anyway, good luck with the nausea. I still have some pretty awesome nausea pills that I took with Levi if you want them :)

Allison said...

Yuck! If you hate orange juice, you might try looking for other dietary ways to get enough Folic Acid. Many leafy greens are very high in it and you can sneak a TON of fresh spinach and kale into a green smoothie if you blend it really well and add enough bananas for sweetness. You might also try a different brand of prenantal vitamins. They make a gummy variety that was a lot easier for me to digest and not puke from!

Aimee said...

I'm with you on the pulp :(
but I do love a good glass of O.J.(no pulp). We just recently started getting Winder Farms Orange Juice. I love it. I'll have to let you try some. Do you like orange julius? I think making one of those will change the flavor a good amount but the o.j. is still in there. Just some thoughts...
I hope you can find something that works for you :)
Glad the nausea has decreased!