Tuesday, January 29

Lauren Lately




 I think Lauren has hit another growth spurt, physically and mentally. She has been so much fun the last few weeks. (She was always fun before.) I don't know how to explain it really, maybe it's that she can communicate a little better or I'm better at understanding her, but we've had far fewer tantrums lately.

She's been really snuggly, which is awesome, because before I was lucky if I could catch her to get her clothes on in the morning.  She likes to sit and cuddle with me and read stories. She'll randomly run up to me and hug me as tight as she can and pat me on the back. Makes me feel pretty good.

She loves to color. I put her coloring books and crayons where she can reach them. (After she learned that drawing on the walls was NOT acceptable!) She pulls them out and lays down on the floor to color all the time. She won't get the crayons out all at once though. She'll grab one or two and then run back when she wants different colors.

Her happy, skippy run makes me laugh. She hardly walks anywhere anymore, but kind of runs, hops and jiggles her way around.

She has a great pouty face. I will tell her no to something and she will slump her shoulders and stick out her lip and harrumph. It's pretty funny, I much prefer it to the fits she would throw before! 

Nursery has been a problem the last month or so. She did great before but just clings to us and sobs when we take her in now. I need to be better about just leaving her, it's just hard when I know she's screaming for the leaders and I can't pry her fingers from my arm.


2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love when they can communicate! It makes things so much easier. She sure is a cutie!

Aimee said...

Yeah for fewer tantrums! I thought she looked taller last time I saw her :)