Wednesday, February 16

Strange Dreams

Weird dreams are not uncommon for me, but I think the one last night beats them all.

It went like this...
I went into labor and somehow the dream suddenly jumped to my parent's house. My sister is downstairs with our new baby, but there isn't just one baby, there are four. One girl, two boys, and a shark baby. Yes, a baby shark. No one seemed to notice that one of our babies was a shark. We all went about life as normal, except for scrambling to buy things for four babies instead of one. The end.

According to a wacko online dream interpreter: "A Shark in a dream can represent: deception, ruthlessness or fear. Birth in a dream can represent: a new beginning, starting something new etc."

So here's my interpretation: We want four kids, hence four babies. The shark means I'm a little scared but it really won't be that scary because everyone in the dream went about life as usual.

Now I really don't give any stock to most of my dreams. Probably was just the ice cream I ate before bed. :) What weird dreams have you had?

4 comments:

Mandi and Adam said...

I laughed as I read the story of your dream, and the fact that you tried to interpret it. I always have weird dreams when I'm pregnant. Now I'm not pregnant, but have been having weird dreams anyway. The other night I dreamed that Adam got a phone call saying he got the fellowship (scholarship) he's applied for, but then in my dream I woke up and found I thought I'd dreamed that he got it. When I told Adam about it (still in my dream), he told me they really did call and it was not just a dream. So basically, I thought I had a dream within a dream except the one in my dream wasn't really a dream. Make sense? I didn't think so either. I interpret it to mean I'm going crazy waiting to see if he gets this huge fellowship! :) We should know within the next two weeks. I hope my dream comes true, but I'm sure that you don't want to end up having four babies, especially if one of them is a shark! I can't wait to see pictures of your one little one-I'm sure she'll be a doll!

Brie said...

That was a pretty good dream. The shark baby, especially entertaining. I have this picture in my head of your next family Christmas card and there you are holding a little shark baby who is wearing a Santa hat. I'd keep that one up on the fridge year round.
I don't think there is enough time in the day for me to list all the weird dreams I have. Just about every night I have incredibly vivid, detailed, and WACKY dreams. I don't know where they come from, but I do worry about myself!

Mandy said...

Lol that's awesome. I actually had a dream the other night that we went sightseeing in Yellowstone and we were like "Oh look a moose!" "Oh look, deer!" "Oh look, a triceratops!" Because triceratops running around Yellowstone is totally normal. And I haven't watched any dinosaur movies lately either.

The Crookston Fam said...

Ohhh man, pregnancy dreams are the best! I woke up laughing almost every morning. I've actually forgotten a lot of them, but here's my favorite: It was time to have the baby, so I had my WHOLE family come to the hospital with me...siblings, in-laws, and all. The doctor asked if I was ready and if I wanted an epidural. I said I'd like to try without because he assured me it wasn't too bad. Fully clothed, he told me to just jump up and down on the bed like a frog. Magically, my baby appeared a few minutes later...pain free. I was kind of wishing that was more like reality. Well, minus the weird frog-jumping. ha ha