Monday, July 6

The 4th!

I love long weekends and ones with holidays in them are even better! Sorry no pictures to document the event, our camera battery was dead. :(

My family has always gone to the Logan Fireworks on the 3rd for as long as I can remember and this year was no exception! We met them up the canyon Thursday night to roast marshmallows and make smores. Chase had to work on Friday though so we didn't get to camp out.

On Friday Chase worked most of the day while I sewed...for NINE hours. I really like to sew, but NOT for that long. I made some diaper bags for a friend of my mother-in-law's. They turned out pretty cute, so if any of you are in the market for a diaper bag I can make one for you! (sorry for the sales pitch...)

That night we met up with Ben and Christie for a quick dinner and then headed to the stadium for the fireworks with my family. They were really good this year! It was crazy though with the way the wind was blowing we got hit with all the "shrapnel" from the explosions.

Saturday morning we headed up to Idaho for the famous IF fireworks. That had to be the most impressive firework show I have ever seen! And thanks to my in-laws for knowing the millionaire of Melaleuca who sponsored the show, we got the fancy dinner pre-show and an awesome spot to watch the fireworks!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

3 comments:

Heather J said...

Sounds like you had a great 4th!

oh i wished you'd posted about diaper bags two days sooner. i just bought one... :(

Brittney said...

so I want to know more about these diaper bags do you have a picture?

Sounds like you had a fun weekend all but the sewing for that long.

Heather said...

I don't need a diaper bag just yet, but when I do I know who to turn to :) I'm glad you had such a great weekend!