Just a question: Aren't blogs supposed to be personal sites where someone should be allowed to say and express what they want?
Just in the last week I've heard of two people that have totally been bashed on through the comments on their blogs for just a simple sentence expressing how they feel. They weren't meant to insult or offend, but people blew up at them and were really nasty about it.
I do think that everyone needs to keep common courtesy in mind, but these people that were picked on are some of the nicest people I know and wouldn't hurt a fly!
I'm glad that I made our blog private so I know all of you who are reading (or not reading ;)) and you're all great people who make this a fun and uplifting thing. It's amazing what a kind response will do to make me feel better. So thanks for all of you that are so nice! I've never had to worry about getting a nasty comment from any of you! :)
2 comments:
I had a relative end up in the news a few months ago for a crime they didn't commit (too bad the newspapers don't check for truth if they think it's a good story), and I couldn't believe how nasty the comments on the news page were. They didn't even know this person and decided that they had every right to judge him. And not one person posted their real name. It's amazing what people will say when they can be anonymous or at least do it impersonally through the internet. I guess the only answer is to be the bigger person and ignore their nastiness.
You're absolutely right. A blog is a personal thing, and while I don't believe you should use the internet to purposely hurt others, if someone says something you don't like, get over it or quit reading their blog!
I totally agree! :)
Post a Comment