I logged on yesterday to do my customary once-a-week post and had no idea what to talk about since we hadn't done anything this last week. So I didn't write anything, but rather than not post anything I decided to just say that we hadn't done anything, but the more I got to thinking, it was really quite a busy week!
Despite the fact that we really love our cute little apartment; it is becoming increasingly more little everyday. Even though I have tried to simplify and dejunk, there doesn't seem to ever be any more room on the HUGE stack piled behind our bedroom door since there's nowhere else to put anything. Therefore we have been apartment hunting. The hunt has been going on casually for awhile with no real intent, this last week for some reason we were both sick of constantly having to restack our piles whenever we had to get something out of them.
Now we don't want an apartment simply for more room, we thought it would be convenient to find a bigger one that will allow for non-piling-up-of-stuff and since we'll be here for awhile, also be able to grow into it with family additions later on.
So amidst the suddenly intense hunt for a bigger apartment, we found one that we LOVED. Perfection. Bigger, clean, closer to campus, close to family and friends. Except that it was just BARELY out of our price range and in a new ward, thinking that we could offer to do yard/maintenance work for a reduction in the rent. So we put in an application anyway, thinking that we would surely get it because I had babysat the landlord's grandkids before and happened to know his son. (small world!)
This was on Tuesday, and we impatiently waited and waited and waited.... but they never called. So we called them on Friday only to hear they were still taking applications. Not a good sign. We were bummed out and wondered why this couldn't have worked out for us.
But everything has a purpose. Even if we are meant to live in our cute apartment for awhile longer. Friday night I was given a new calling that I wasn't expecting in the slightest. I'm the new RS secretary! I'm kind of nervous about it, but it will be alot of fun to get to know everyone better!
So long story short, we're continuing our 2 bedroom apartment search but in our ward boundaries. So if any of you wardies know of any please let us know!
And on Saturday we went down to my Grandma's house for family pictures before all my cousins start leaving on missions. Then on Sunday we went to my cousin's farewell, then drove back to Kaysville for one of my best friend's farewell.
We'll miss her lots! Our group of friends just keeps getting smaller and smaller in representation, between moving across country, missions and marriages, we're all getting spread out!
Thanks for reading if you've made it this far. Who knew that what I thought of as an uneventful week would make for a very long post? :)
4 comments:
Oh Amy, I just love you! I have to say that I'm glad you didn't take that apartment because I am so excited to have you as my secretary! You will be amazing and I KNOW it's where the Lord wants you to serve. You will love your calling :) As you know, there are lots of people moving out of the ward and now you have the list of everyone that is! Hopefully that will help you in your search! I'll let you know of anything else I hear. Good luck!
Well I'm glad your staying. What would enrichment be without your talent? Ill keep my eyes open for an upgrade-in the boundaries! :)
We miss church for one sunday and suddenly the whole ward's rearranged! (Ok not the WHOLE ward but a lot of it.) I had no idea until I read your blog. I'm totally out of the loop. But I think you'll be a great secretary and I'm glad you're staying too. We already have too many people leaving.
I totally agree with Mandy! We better not miss church or things will go a changin'. You will be such a good secretary!
I feel you on the whole little apartment become littler everyday. Good luck with the apartment search.
Post a Comment