Since the start of this new semester I have been going in to work later at nights so I can be at home with Lauren during the day. I'm not thrilled with it, but it's what we have to do at the moment.
At work there are is alot of equipment and instruments that randomly turn on at different times making weird noises. This building is also known as the "Maze" since there are so many hidden rooms and random hallways that all connect to each other, you just have to know how to find them. Anyway...
I've never been much of a jumpy person, so going in at night all by myself hasn't been a big deal. The noises didn't bother me, since I didn't notice them. The dark hallways and rooms didn't bother me since I've been in all of them. And there is an ear-piercing alarm system if anyone tries to break in, or even pushes the button at the wrong time. (Believe me, it's loud! I set it off accidentally before.)
The last few times I've been in at night there have been some other coworkers that have come in to finish an experiment etc. Every single one of them asks if I am okay there alone and proceeds to tell me how freaked out they are when they come alone at night. Gee thanks. One in particular told me a story about how the temporary construction worker (who was not the sharpest tool in the shed and doesn't work there anymore) was hiding in an empty room when she went in and scared her half to death. Gee thanks.
Last night when two of the guys left they asked again if I was okay there alone. And ya know? I was until everyone started telling me freaky stories and being all worried about me!
(Yes I know it's probably not the safest thing to do. But I always make sure the alarms are on and all the doors are locked. I also turn on all the lights and make sure I have my phone with me all the time. I have my key ready to unlock the car when I go out. And I've been fine!)
So thanks, fellow coworkers. Last night after all of your stories I thoroughly freaked myself out!
2 comments:
Ignore them. I do however have to give you props. I was thinking this week that when a blog goes private, it typically means the kiss of death because most of my private blog friends seem to forget to update. I love that you have so many great updates, so thanks for giving me some good reading material today!
You are way brave! When I spent the summer without Andrew and was so worried I would freak myself out (cuz I am one to do that). Fortunately I prayed a lot and only got scared a few times at night. But then, I've always known you were the bravest pirate (although I fake it well).
And this post explained the one before it. I was confused: "Is she staying home or working?" It's great that your job is so flexible!
Post a Comment