Wednesday, January 1

New Year, New Mindset

I think New Year's resolutions are really cliche, and I typically don't set specific goals or resolutions; but after looking back at 2013, I decided I need a new outlook.

For me 2013 was all about survival
- Getting through the last 6 months of a sick pregnancy
- Learning how to live with 2 kids
- Functioning with no sleep
- Dealing with some post-partum depression
- Handling 2 year old meltdowns
- Figuring out a new calling
- Managing several surprise financial situations

I'm tired of just surviving. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy...but I want to look forward to each day rather than looking forward to the end of each day.

I've been contemplating a lot about aspects of our life, and although I don't have resolutions or answers to some things I've been thinking about...I've found determination to make changes.

So I'm not sure where to go from here, but at least I've made a start, and for now... that's enough.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I love the idea of wanting to look forward to each day instead of looking forward to the end of each day :)
Blessings to you and your sweet little family this new year.