![]() |
| Playing in the sandbox for hours together. They thought it was absolutely hilarious to dump sand on Lauren's head. I'm still finding it stuck to her scalp! |
![]() | ||
| Tucking in Uncle Brian to have a pretend sleep-over party. I love Dallin's cheese grin. |
Naptime lately has been interesting. Since she can get out of her bed now, I usually find this; all her clothes, shoes and stuffed animals get tucked in too.
I had a doctor's appointment last week so I dropped her off with Chase at a park during his lunch break so they could have a daddy-daughter playdate. She loved it so much we went back later that night to play some more!
We're going to attempt potty-training here in the next few weeks. I am not looking forward to it. But I'd like to have her good and trained before this baby comes. Any ideas and suggestions from you experienced moms? I've read a few things about how to go about it, but never having done it, I have no idea what to do!




2 comments:
Good luck on the potty training! I would wait until she is showing signs of being ready... interested in sitting on the potty, able to tell you when she is peeing in her diaper, grossed out by dirty diapers, etc. With Grant, we did the potty training in a day method and made it a lot of fun and the entire day was spent on nothing but potty training. Plan on not leaving your house with her for at least a week so she can get her new skills down and then make your outings VERY short for the next few weeks. Get some potty treats for you too.... and borrow a carpet cleaner if you don't have one! We started out with one of the independent potty seats since that was less intimidating and then after a few weeks graduated to the potty seat that goes on the normal toilet. In any case, give her a test day on a day when Chase is home to provide backup and make it fun. If she is still totally clueless after the first 8 hours, I would give it up and try again in another month. We had 3 months worth of half day training where we would start and realize that Grant was not ready. I am glad we waited because when he was ready, it was fast and painless and he was dry at naps and nights from the very beginning. Good luck!
3daypottytraining.com. It will be the best $25 you ever spend on a book! We used it with both of our boys and it worked awesome! We know probably about 10 other people that have also used this method successfully. I just wish we would have known about it with Brooke. She took years to train and is STILL in pull-ups at night! Good luck!
Post a Comment