Friday, March 15

Lessons from a Baked Potato


Dreams are normal for me; uber crazy pregnancy dreams are even more normal. But every once in awhile, I get one that seems to make some sense.

Last night I dreamed I was in church running around like my head was cut off trying to get everything done with callings, family etc.

I had forgotten I was supposed to teach Sharing Time in primary so I ran home and frantically tried to figure something out during Sunday School.

Getting back to church there was word going around there was a special meeting with a general authority. I went to the meeting. There was a powerpoint going with a picture of a yummy baked potato with just butter melting all over it. The speaker (don't know who it was) explained that the gospel was like a baked potato. It was best if it was kept simple. Adding other things, like cheese, chili, etc. took away the flavor of the simple potato so you couldn't even taste the potato anymore. (Don't know why a baked potato was the choice of analogies my brain chose here, since baked potatoes smothered with lots of things are really good! Made me really want to eat one now.)

I left the meeting feeling good about life and being uplifted. Later that day during family dinner it dawned on me that I had forgotten to go to primary, and had forgotten completely about the Sharing time I was supposed to do. I felt terrible and couldn't believe I had forgotten. After lamenting over it for a long time, my mom finally looked at me and said, "You made a mistake, it's okay, you'll do better. Now get over it!" Well okay then!

So there we go, life lessons from your baked potato; keep it simple and let go of mistakes.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Love it Amy!
It does seem like a rare occasion when dreams make sense so it was smart of you to record it ;)
Now I'm craving a baked potato too!

Stephanie Hancock said...

Wow! I am super impressed at the life lessons your dreams give you! You'll have to write them down more often. :)