Wednesday, September 28

Hall Mommy

Lauren is a great baby, she really is. She's usually happy and smiley. But she's getting to the point that she wants to be moving around... all the time, and when she can't she gets ornery. So I have become what I call a "Hall Mommy" on Sundays. Although I am fortunate because she will usually let me sit through 3/4 of Sacrament Meeting, Sunday School and Relief Society before she's had enough. A lot of moms are out there the entire three hours. (She's so wiggly now, I can't even imagine what it'll be like when she crawls!)

While I was out in the hall one Sunday a fellow Hall Mommy made the comment that she didn't know why she came to church since she was just out in the halls the whole time. I was starting to feel the same way since I have Lauren the majority of the time at church.

But just like President Uchtdorf said in the Relief Society Broadcast our smallest efforts will be known. So even though I might not hear a lick of the institute lesson or lesson in Relief Society, the effort for going will not go unnoticed.

And really, for Hall Mommy's that have kids that can walk, you could seriously get in a good workout doing laps around the building!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Thanks for that! I was feeling frustrated after the relief society meeting the other night because I spent the whole time chasing Lucas around. Everyone kept saying how good President Uchtdorf's talk was and I didn't hear hardly any of it. And I feel that way at church a lot too. At least I could come home and watch Pres. Uchtdorf's talk again though. :)