Lauren as the most expressive face I've ever seen a baby have. (Maybe I just notice it more since I'm with her all the time.)
This morning I had her on the bathroom floor with some toys while I got ready for work. She just laid there and stared at me with the most serious eyebrow-furrowed look.
Yesterday while I was swaddling her up for her nap, she just burst out laughing and giggling. She wouldn't stop smiling at me! (Made it hard to leave her to go to sleep!)
Last Sunday in Relief Society she was on the floor playing and she just all of a sudden looked up at me and started chuckling, and she wouldn't stop! (I guess disrupting the lesson for a laughing baby is better than a screaming baby?!)
She was on the counter in her bumbo a few days ago while I cleaned up the kitchen. I turned on the disposal and she got the most horrified look on her face the whole time it was running.
When she's tired and I'm trying to get her to smile she just stares blankly at me and then turns her head as if she's giving me an eye roll: "Mom, I am so done with you right now."
She had a toy mirror that she loves to play with. She stares at herself in wide-eyed awe and then starts talking to herself.
Watching her go to sleep is funny. Right when she's on the verge of being awake and asleep she will grin with her eyes closed.
I just wonder what's going on in that little bald head of hers.
2 comments:
It would be interesting to know what they're thinking--Lauren especially has some long stares that make you think she's thinking volumes!
That story about relief society reminded me of Lucas. A few weeks ago we were in the chapel practicing for the primary program. I was at the piano and Lucas was on the floor behind me playing with toys. A few of the girls in primary were playing with him to keep him entertained and he thought they were hilarious. So the primary presidency was trying to keep all the kids quiet and reverent and then Lucas is sitting behind me just laughing and squealing hysterically. I was just kinda like, "Well at least he's not crying!"
And he doesn't really care much for the garbage disposal either. Still.
Post a Comment