Chase is a snoop. Think he always has been and forever will be. It has been impossible for me to surprise him even once the whole time we've been married. Thus it has been my goal to surprise him with a present. After four years I did it!
After asking Chase what he wanted for his birthday and not getting a definite response, I was stumped. His birthday was two days away and I didn't have a clue what to get him. I knew what he wanted though but it just wasn't possible: a 32"-42" flat screen TV just wasn't in the budget.
But thanks to great family members who were willing to contribute we made it happen! I was able to *cough* lie about getting his family to pitch in for a TV and told him he needed to give me an idea for something else he wanted. He sent me a list of headphones on Amazon to take a look at.
I ordered the TV Wednesday and then made up an authentic-looking fake Amazon receipt from an old one I had saved on my email with the headphones listed on it. I then 'happened' to leave it sitting on the counter so he would be sure to see it. Then I wrapped it up with a big jar of oatmeal and lemonade to give some deceptive weight to the box when he opened up the fake receipt. He opened it up and and kind of smiled thinking that his headphones would be here on Monday.
And the look on his face was priceless when he opened up that big box of headphones to find a big TV instead.
I have to say that I was pretty proud of myself that I was finally able to surprise him!
1 comment:
Ha ha. My husband is a snoop too. I bet he was really excited! Is the picture of your new apartment?
Post a Comment