Wednesday, July 27

Question

So I know that my body will never quite be the same after having a baby. I also know that I'm not built to be super skinny. And I'm really okay with that.

I know that eating right and exercising is the best way to stay healthy and maintain a healthy weight.

But try as I might, these extra pounds from being pregnant are just NOT going anywhere.

Partly because I'm just a little too addicted to ice cream, and finding time to exercise, be a mom, and work is hard. But I've tried to be better and everyone told me that nursing would help me lose the baby fat. It's not helping.

Any ideas? What do all of you do to find the time and stay motivated?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Amy, I've never had a baby and hat to lose baby weight, but here are some suggestions.

Ice cream addiction: Eat less ice cream (like 1 or 2 scoops instead of a whole bowl), eat ice cream less often, replace it with a fruit smoothie (I don't put in sugar), or have yogurt with fruit.

Exercising: If you have a hard time finding more time, use the time you are already taking Lauren on walks and pump it up. Walk faster and farther. Add in some lunges. While you brush your teeth you could do squats, lunges, or calf raises. Try to squeeze in a 5 minute ab workout each morning.

For motivation, stickers are great. You get a sticker if you worked out for at least 30 minutes and broke a sweat.

Good luck!

Mandy said...

I'm having the same problem AND I'm exercising AND it's been a year! Ugh. I probably just scared you. Sorry. Anyway...let me know what you find out because I'd like to know too.

Jackie Norris said...

I don't know if you are breastfeeding or not, but I've heard from friends that your body can hang on to 10-15 pounds while breastfeeding. After your baby weans it is easier to get off. Don't know if that's true yet, but it could give you some hope!I've also heard that while you might get to your pre-pregnancy weight, you'll never have your pre-pregnancy body.

stevie kay said...

An OB once told our relief society that nothing hormonal changes for a woman after pregnancy, BUT your metabolism lowers during those later months of pregnancy and the only way to really kick start it again is regular exercise in which you get your heart rate up and keep it up during your workout. In other words, just taking walks doesn't cut it (darn!). With my first, nursing just melted the pounds off. With my second, I couldn't lose the last little bit until after I quit nursing. So obviously your body reacts differently given the circumstances and the person.

And I can't give any exercise advice because I totally suck. Seriously. If you get something good please share it for me.

Lauren is getting so cute! She looks just like Chase to me, but obviously that's because I know him and have only met you once or twice.

Jamie Younker said...

For me- I am never able to loose the last 10 pounds until after I stop nursing. It's like my body just clings to it until it's sure I don't need to hang onto it anymore. I struggle with this like CRAZY! I'm not built to be super skinny, and I know my hips are huge, but I'd like for my clothes to fit again! My best advice is to live a balanced lifestyle and hang in there until she's a year old! :)