Thursday, November 18

Lost Mind


People always said you lose your mind and your memory when you were pregnant. I didn't ever really believe them, I mean, how bad could it be?

It's true.

I don't typically consider myself a ditsy person. But I am now. Never in my life have I locked my keys in the car. I've now done it three times, in the last two months. Completely forgot about ordering something at work, putting production behind for two days, big oops. (Thankfully my boss was more than understanding.) And I can't talk in coherent sentences anymore, totally lose my train of thought and why I went upstairs to get something.

In other news, we ordered some reusable diapers from ebay just to see what they would be like. We found a knock-off brand that were MUCH cheaper than what we've been finding originally. They came yesterday and I think they're kind of cute! Our baby's bottom will be cutely adorned with red, yellow, green, orange and blue diapers. Not sure if they'll work yet, but they were cheap enough we were willing to try it out. I even found a diaper sprayer for a good deal so no rinsing out dirty diapers with my bare hands! (Or rather, Chase will not have to rinse them out with his bare hands. :))

Cartoon from here.

2 comments:

Mandi and Adam said...

You really do lose your mind when you're pregnant and have kids. And I hate to break it to you, but it gets worse with each one. :) I've heard from some people that you start getting it back about the time your youngest turns 3 or 4. Others say you never get it back. But I totally understand. Good luck with that!

Mandy said...

Yeah I heard you were supposed to get your brain back after you had the baby. I sure didn't. Mine only got worse. But at least you know you're not the only one. :)