Tuesday, November 23

Hunkering Down


There is supposed to be a massive blizzard coming in this afternoon. Even though it would have been nice had it hit last night, I'm kind of excited for it.

All the schools are getting out early and campus is shutting down at 2. Weather reports are suggesting people leave work early so they can get home in time.

So living in Logan you would think everyone living here would be used to bad weather. Apparently not, or this storm is supposed to be worse than I imagine.

The prospect of being snowed in is exciting to me. I hear about winters that my parents spent up here where they couldn't see across the street for a month and had to keep a light bulb lit under their car so it didn't freeze up. Or when my brother-in-law had to literally dig out his car from a massive snow drift.

The most snow I remember was when I was about three or four and the snow was above my head. (Not that deep for a three-year-old but still, it was a big deal for me!) We had to dig a path to the dog kennel so we could feed Mickey. And the snow hills around our patio were HUGE!

So bring on the blizzard! We have food in our house, flashlights and a camp stove. So if by some very slim chance we do get snowed in and can't get anywhere, at least we'll be warm and have food! (Now just watch, because everyone's making such a big deal out of it, the storm will probably fizzle out. :))

No comments: