Wednesday, February 3

Yeah so that wasn't our car...

Chase and I drive separate to school and work every day because our schedules are so different this semester. I walked out to the parking lot after getting off work and got to our car. I noticed the locks were up, which I thought was wierd since I always check to make sure I locked it up. Then I see what looks like a laptop case in the back seat; I think: That's weird, Chase doesn't usually come find the car during the day. He must have needed to put his laptop in the car.

I proceeded to open the door and was greeted with a pleasant aroma which is not usually present in our car. I notice a water bottle that isn't ours, and a sticker on the dashboard. At this point I am thinking we were victims of some random person putting their stuff in our car by accident. My next thought was maybe we were lucky winners of all this stuff because I happened to leave the car unlocked all day and someone was feeling nice.

I happen to glance up and notice that our car was actually parked NEXT to the car that had it's door open and me looking at all this stuff.

I can't figure out which is more disturbing; the fact that I didn't recognize that it wasn't our car the moment I walked up to it, or that it took me a full few minutes and several thought processes before I figured out it wasn't our car.

It must have been a longer day at work than I thought!

4 comments:

Stephanie Hancock said...

Thanks for giving me a giggle today! That was hilarious! Better luck next time! :)

Mandi and Adam said...

Oops. That's really funny. It reminds me of the time our neighbors thought their car had been stolen and they called the police and everything, only to remember that she'd driven it to work in the morning and then ridden the bus home from school that night!

Jenny said...

Great story! Thanks for sharing! I love it.

The Crookston Fam said...

Ha ha, that is totally something I would do. I'm so glad I ran into you guys a couple weeks ago! That was so fun! :)