Saturday, February 20

Our Happy Valentine's Day

It's been one crazy week! But we made it through and here are some pictures of our valentine's celebration.

Friday last week we went down to my parent's to see my brother in the annual Davis High Lover's Feast Dinner. It was pretty neat especially since my brother had a lead part in it this year. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of him in his middle ages costume, complete with tights and "pumpkin shorts" as he called them.

Saturday I came home to these which Chase got for me.



And later that day he went and got me some shelves that I've wanted for a long time so I could clean up our food storage/pantry. I was really excited about this one! We can actually get into this closet now!



Saturday night we went to Firehouse for dinner. I love their chicken cordon bleu pizza. Then of course got some ice cream.

Sunday we actually had a meeting with the Stake Presidency, and Happy Valentine's day to us, they called Chase to the elder's quorum presidency in our ward. He'll do a great job and learn alot I'm sure, I just hope we have the time to fit everything in! Everything will work out, it always does.

This is my latest project. I love being able to take these pieces of fabric...



and turn them into this quilt top. The picture doesn't really do it justice, it's supposed to be aqua blue and brown, not black. I'm trying to find someone around here who can machine quilt it for me to finish it up. Does anyone know someone who does that?

4 comments:

Heather J said...

that's going to be a really pretty quilt! i love the blue and brown. :)

Allison said...

Looks great! I have a quilt top I want to make if you ever get bored of your own projects and want to do mine!! :)

Heather said...

I LOVE that quilt! That's great about Chase's new calling. I can imagine how overwhelming it must be, but I can attest that if you put the Lord first everything works out! Good luck!

Mandi and Adam said...

I love the chicken cordon bleu pizza at Firehouse too! And congrats to Chase on the new calling. Enjoy the craziness of life now because it will only get crazier as time goes on. Yet somehow things always work out. And your quilt is super cute! Great job!