Thursday, January 21

Taco Soup

I am excited today that I get to go home and eat leftover taco soup from yesterday's dinner. It's one of my favorite kinds of soup... and it takes like 15 minutes to make! And Chase really likes it too which is always a plus...


Taco Soup Recipe

1lb ground beef, cooked
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 can or 1 quart tomatoes
1 can kidney, black or pinto beans, drained
1 can corn, don't drain
2 1/2ish cups of water (yeah I never measure)
1/2 packet of taco seasoning
salt and pepper to taste

Just put it all in a big pot and heat through! (I usually put in the onions first with the beef and cook them together then add everything else. And last night I added black beans and only 1/2 a lb of beef.)

Top with grated cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips.

This is pretty forgiving, you pretty much can put in whatever you want and it still tastes good.

No comments: