Thursday, March 19

Trials We are Blessed With

Some of our very good friends are in the hospital right now getting ready to bring their first baby into the world, and with it probably one of the hardest trials that they will face in this life. Being around them through this whole pregnancy and learning about the complications their baby has made me think more about the things that we all go through in life. It makes me wonder what Chase and I will be blessed with to endure. So far, we've had it pretty easy. Sometimes it makes me a little nervous as to what might be in store for us because we've had it TOO easy. I do take comfort in the fact that we are only given what we can handle. I've seen this personified with my own family and many close friends.

Chase and I talked about trials the other night when we were out driving. I remembered something a seminary teacher said once -that the hardest trial of all is having no trials: the trial comes amidst being humble while living a seemingly perfect life. I've been feeling blessed lately that we have everything we need, and I hope/wish that it would continue so we would have the blessing/trial of being humble. Although few people are given this blessing. Seeing how these friends have been blessed with support and wisdom through their hardship makes me feel comforted that we really can handle the trials we are given and we really WILL be okay with WHATEVER comes our way; not just for us but for everyone one else as well.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Those are great thoughts, Amy. We aren't given trials for no reason. They may seem hard at the time, but they always help us to grow and we are always able to learn from them.

Mandi and Adam said...

Thanks for sharing Amy. I never really thought about not seeming to have any trials being a trial in itself, but it's true. It's often hard to remain humble and submissive when everything's going well. It's those times when we don't seem to be having trials that we need to be building ourselves and our testimonies so that we can handle whatever trials come since the greatest growth comes from the greatest trials.

Shels said...

what a great perspective. Thanks for the thought!