Wednesday, June 29

The Busiest Time of the Year Continued

This May marked 10 years from graduating high school, so our group of friends decided we needed to do something special. After taking into consideration work schedules, school, babies and traveling for 11 adults and 7 kids we ended up hanging at our house. But is was a blast! It's amazing to see where life has taken all of us, yet they remain some of my closest friends. I only managed to get one picture of everyone competing to see who could crouch Japanese style the longest, since we're just cool like that. ;)
 
A few weeks ago we had a bout of hand-foot-mouth disease. Gavin started with a fever Monday night and Lauren woke up with one Tuesday morning. I was convinced they had strep since Lauren had every symptom, but it ended up being hand-foot-mouth. Thankfully they really only had fevers for a day and just a few sores in their mouths. At least Lauren did, Gavin would never open his mouth to let me look. :) So they were ornery and we stayed home for a week. Logan got the little blisters all over his feet, but they went away quick and didn't seem to bother him, thank goodness!
 
Father's day for Chase was a bust. At least I felt like it was. Kids were still sick and tired so the day was spent taking naps and then Chase went home teaching. I hope he felt appreciated, at least he got a nap, I guess!
 

 This last weekend we went to Idaho Falls to visit Chase's parents and see the community play, Joseph and the Amazing Techni-color Dreamcoat. The play was awesome and so fun. We took Lauren with us and she was delighted with the whole thing. She squealed with delight when the confetti cannons went off at the end and showered us with rainbow confetti.  Chase was in this play years ago with his best friend, Ben. They were Pharaoh's guards and while bowing at the end, the two of them lifted their skirts and "mooned" the audience with sparkly boxer shorts with their phone numbers on them! Oh Chase. :) It was fun because some of his friends were in it playing the same parts when he was in it.

We went to the zoo while we were there too. Lauren liked the otters.
 And Gavin was mildly impressed with the giant tortoises. :)
 And Chase and Logan were thrilled to have their picture taken.
 
 
Logan has been so fun. He is such a happy baby... as long as you are talking and paying attention to him... at all times. :) His squeals and giggles make us laugh.
 






4 comments:

stevie kay said...

I have no recollection of the sparkly boxer shorts incident, but it may totally explain a random picture of I have from when we were in it with Chase and Ben sticking their butts out at me. Ha ha!

Chase said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chase said...

I'm thinking that I need all copies of that pic, negatives and everything

Aimee said...

Sweet little Logan :)
That is so neat that you still get together with your high school friends...very fun!