For the most part, we've been taking it easy with Lauren being back in school. We've been to the park a few times, taking naps, playing with Millie and that's about it!
Lauren is going through a stage, I hope, that is really testing my patience. She's never been much of a crier or whiner, but now, it's literally almost non-stop. It's driving me nuts! I'm not sure what to do about it. When we're home, I feel like I can ignore it, but other places it's hard to manage! She's been crying in primary which is completely unlike her. She's also been waking up multiple times a night coming into our room crying and wanting things. She's been fighting naps lately so I attribute it mostly to being overtired. We finally went and bought some princess sheets hoping that would get her excited to take naps. So far it's worked a little, but she's still super emotional! It's a stage right?!
 |
| Playing at their new favorite place, Wiggleworms. It's like a small, homemade version of the children's museum. They love it! Here they are putting on a play with Lauren putting a fairy princess spell on Captain America. :) |
We've started having a speech therapist come to the house to work with Gavin. I think he's getting better, it's just hard not to compare him to cousins his age and younger that talk A LOT better than he does. He's taken note of Lauren's temperament lately and I notice he copies her behavior all the time which makes for frequent screaming matches when they both throw fits. I'm sorry to our neighbors that must think they're dying or something!
We moved him to his "real big boy bed" a few nights ago. Thankfully he's done great at night and with naps. It does help that he can't open doors yet, phew. :)
I had a birthday, and we finally bought trees so someday we'll have shade. I'm quite excited about them! Chase, family, and friends thoroughly spoiled me. It was a great birthday!
We've been canning lots lately. Mom did pears for me, I did tomatoes, salsa, applesauce and pie filling. And with the case lot sale, it makes for a full storage room! I never thought I'd get excited about something like that, but it's nice knowing we have food to eat. :)
1 comment:
First off, that top picture is so adorable!...like it should be put on a canvas or something :)
So sorry about Lauren's stage...and that is so hard when younger siblings copy :( Nice to have that brother in law in the family though right? :)
Finally, I'm super impressed with all of your canning...especially with little kids under foot. It always seems too overwhelming to me. Nice job!
Post a Comment