Wednesday, September 30

Sewing Projects

I've been working on a few projects lately. It's been fun to use some new fabric from my mother-in-law's stash, I was getting pretty tired of all my stuff! I've been trying really hard not to buy anymore fabric and use up my stash, the influx of new fabric has been great!

Matching Christmas stockings has been on my list for awhile and I finally found fabric and a pattern I liked!



For the last year or so I've been working on several different quilt tops for my aunt. Three of them were for her kids using all their old t-shirts, one a scrap picnic quilt, and a kind sized pieced quilt. For the most part, they were fun to work on...but it's even more fun to look at them now they're done. (I still need to quilt the king quilt, but the hardest part is done!)

Our ward was doing a humanitarian project putting together bags for babies going in to foster care. I was able to sew eight of the bags and some burp cloths, then got to help some of the Activity Day girls in the ward make some bibs and burp cloths. It was great since it used up so much of my flannel stash!

The most recent has been Lauren's "white princess" Halloween costume, which she later deemed her "Odette" dress. This is the beginnings of it... hopefully she'll be happy with it! Those sleeves were a bugger!
Next projects on the list:
Gavin's dinosaur costume
Get the king sized quilt finished!
Piece a quilt for Gavin's big boy bed
Tie a flannel quilt for Gavin's bed
Bean bag chairs for Christmas

1 comment:

Aimee said...

The stockings are darling Amy! So cute :)
All the quilts look lovely and that dress is perfect! You have been one busy mamma :)!