When I broke my foot. It isn't even a good story; toys on the floor, trying to keep Gavin from taking a head dive off a chair led to said broken foot.
Whoever invented crutches and made them the standard fare for lower extremity injuries must not have had any nerve sensations in their arms. Scooters are much better and by the time said foot is done healing my right leg will be twice the size as my left!
I won't lie and say this has been a walk in the park, (especially since I can't walk) but it's been eye-opening. I'm grateful for all my family, ward members and friends who have taken care of us. I'll never take for granted again that I can pick Gavin up and walk across the room with him.
Maybe this happened because I needed a reminder of how blessed I am to have the ability to take care of my kids. Every time I bend over and almost crack a rib on the scooter to pick up a dirty sock, I remember that I used to think it was hard to pick up socks with two working feet.
Perspective is an interesting thing.
1 comment:
So sorry! I am glad you are on the road to healing. That is such a trail! You are super Mom.
Post a Comment