So I'd been having a hard time dealing with my depression lately. Winter, dentist visits, tired, kids... whatever it was, I was struggling and disheartened. Disheartened because the doctor didn't have an answer to help me, and I felt like nothing would ever get better.
My sister texted me last week offering to give up a free foot zone session that her neighbor gave her. I accepted, being very skeptical about the whole thing. I don't buy into alot of the "natural" remedies for things claiming to be a cure-all. (Although some do have merit.) I also hate feet; they're gross. But what did I have to lose?
And honestly it was amazing! Sitting there with her working on my feet, I could feel a slight pressure in my head, but it didn't hurt; I felt relaxed, the anxiety and stress went away. I'm curious to see how long this will last. Granted I'm not going off my medicine anytime soon and I'm not ready to declare foot zoning a miraculous healing...but the hope it gave me that it's possible to feel better and think clearly was more healing than the actual foot zone.
Incredible what a little hope can do. :)
The second half of the week was interesting as well. Chase came home from work Tuesday with a sharp pain in his side. He went through the night with it getting worse and went to the doctor Wednesday. Basically they didn't know what was going on and ordered a CT scan Friday morning.
After thinking about all the horrible possible outcomes, and getting the royal run-around to get the results... he was diagnosed as not exactly having colitis, but would be treated like having colitis. So now he's on uber-strength antibiotics and is feeling much better!
He'll see the doctor tomorrow to try and find out why this came about. We're thinking it stemmed from his bout with Strep last month, (which was the worst case the doctor had ever seen.)
So phew that it wasn't a cancerous tumor! But we're hoping this won't turn into a chronic problem!
2 comments:
Oh wow! I feel bad that he was in pain while we were there visiting :(
Glad that he's feeling much better.
Keep me posted on the zoning!
Sorry for the trial some week! You guys are so great! Sending a little prayer for you all today. Lots of love!
Post a Comment