Thursday, October 2

Conglomerate Update

Gavin's walking! Has been for about a month now. It seems like one day he decided to let go of the furniture and the next he was running. He has a temper. For the most part he's pretty chill and content. But now he knows how to stomp his foot and scream, very loud. He's still a great sleeper, he hardly makes a peep when I lay him down. He just giggles and grins, grabs his blanket and rolls over.  I feel like he's grown up a ton these last few weeks. He doesn't seem like my little baby anymore. He has the cutest smile ever, it just makes me happy.

Lauren loves preschool for the most part. Today she didn't want to go because the other kids have giant hands. (?) Can't figure out that one. I was worried about melt-downs but she's done great! She's trying so hard to give up her daily nap. I don't think she needs one every day, but I can definitely tell that she needs one every few. She gets quite ornery when she doesn't have one for a few days! I'm quite sad that she's almost given them up.

My birthday was last Saturday. Chase's family took me out to breakfast, I went to lunch, shopped and Women's Conference with my mom, sisters, grandma and aunt. It was a great day! I was thoroughly spoiled by my family and good friends. Chase found me a patio umbrella for our picnic table. I'm excited to try it out. Maybe next year.

We've been canning up a storm this year. Pears, tomatoes, and salsa are done. Applesauce is tomorrow's project! I like seeing all our shelves full.

We found a reliable vehicle! We found one here in town that we liked fairly well, we just didn't like that we'd need to do some maintenance on it in the next few years and the leather was all cracked, but it was a good deal and had low miles so we thought we'd just go with it since we hadn't found anything else. But Chase looked online the day before we were supposed to buy the one in town and found an awesome one...in Provo. Long story short, I ended up going to Provo with my sister driving us and our three little kiddos, frantically trying to find the dealership and the bank before they closed. But we made it! We named the van Dash, since the first movie we watched in it was Incredibles and it was seriously a mad-dash to get it.

Chase's sister blessed their baby this past weekend so we had family in town. Chase's grandparents from Arizona stayed at our house and it was fun to see them again! I was glad Lauren was so excited to see them, it's hard to remember people when you're that little but she knew exactly who they were.

I've got a ton of sewing/craft projects on the docket... so many that I'm not sure where to start. So much fabric and so little time! I've got sewing ADD I think. Work for a few days on one project, then move to another so my sewing rooms ends up looking like a fabric store threw up. In my defense I'm trying really hard to use scraps and not buy any new fabric!

1 comment:

stevie kay said...

Happy Belated Birthday!