Monday, September 15

Dirty Dash=Done

Months ago a good friend asked if anyone would be interested in running the Dirty Dash. Chase signed up and took it up a notch and got my group of high school friends to sign up too. The idea of running wasn't appealing to me, and add mud on top of that...I decided not to do it, just be the cheerleader. Someone dropped out last Monday so there was an extra spot, so what the heck! I might as well try.










And I did it! There were a lot more hills than expected and the mud made it harder so I did walk most of the way, but I'm glad that I did it and now there are great stories to tell! Next year I am definitely going to prepare more and do the 10k. I've never done anything like this before and I'm kinda proud that I actually did it!

At one point in the race there is a HUGE inflated water slide, I went down head first, got to the end and realized there wasn't a way to stop, so I flipped around flew off 4 feet off the ground and smacked the back of my head on the mud mountain below the slide. Thankfully I didn't get a concussion, although my neck is pretty sore from the whiplash. :)

We spent the whole weekend at a condo in Midway with all of us. Nobody ever thought we would still get together, but 8 years later, we're still going strong! Thanks for the fun weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

I. LOVE. THIS!!!
Yeahhhh!!!
Good for you Amy! I'm so happy you got a chance to do it and that you plan on doing it again :)
Way to go and I sure hope that neck feels better soon :)

Jenny said...

You both are so awesome! Would love to do a race with you guys sometime! So proud of you! Love love