When we moved in the second bedroom was a pretty light yellow. And it quickly became my sewing/storage/junk disaster of a room. When we found out we were having a boy I thought yellow would be perfect! Chase did not think it was so perfect... light yellow, apparently, is NOT a manly color. Whatever. :) So we compromised and decided to do some redecorating.
This is what we started with. Bad picture, but the room was pretty scary in its own right.
We decided to try our hand at some board and batten. so that got us here... after cleaning out the room of course.
Then we started to paint. Blue has always been my favorite color, so obviously blue would be a good color for a boys room right? But we didn't want it light blue since we didn't want to have to repaint when he was 15 and decided he didn't like the babyish feel of a lighter blue. So we went with a more "mature" gray blue. For the board and batten we had a ton of leftover white from the trim and doors the previous owners left so we just used that.
And I love how it turned out! The darker paint really shows off the molding around the windows and doors. And the white board and batten keep the room from feeling too dark and cramped.
So then of course, we had to personalize it. Lauren was a little confused when her bed was now in a different room but she caught on pretty quick that it wasn't her bed anymore.
I found a really awesome car picture at Hobby Lobby that would have been great... but not for $50 bucks. So I got some scrapbook paper and markers and made my own. I think it turned out okay.
Found this one on pinterest and changed it up a little and had it printed. Then my great father-in-law made the frames for both of them.
I actually like leaving the door now that it's a cute baby's room instead of the disaster it was before! Please forgive all the pictures. We were quite proud of ourselves that it turned out how we envisioned it... since we have no prior experience in painting or woodwork. But that's why I didn't do any close-up shots!













4 comments:
I love how it turned out! You guys should be very proud of your work...even close up :)
Super cute! Good job!
How big is the frame with the car print in it?
Baby boy is going to be so happy in that room! It looks awesome! Hope these last few weeks go by smoothly. July is here!:)
Post a Comment