Thursday, May 19

Thursday

Thursdays are my favorite day of the week. Why? Because there is the anticipation of tomorrow being Friday and Friday's are just great. I like looking forward to things.

I feel like we've finally settled into a routine around here. Kind of. Never knew how schedule oriented I was until Lauren came. Babies aren't too good with keeping a schedule. :) But at least I can expect that now.

Work has actually been okay. Monday was horrible but we've figured out a way that either me or Chase can be with her so we only have people to watch her for two half-days of the week. I feel MUCH better about that. Chase gets her in the mornings for some daddy-daughter bonding time and I get her the rest of the day. It's going to work out.

Went to the doctor today. No more scheduled doctor visits for me! Yay!

Lauren has been the greatest baby ever. She is periodically sleeping for 7 hour intervals at night. :)And oh it's been nice! She's really starting to smile and talk to us lately and it's so funny to see all of her facial expressions. We can definitely tell when she's not happy just by her mad-face.

With all my years of babysitting I have never experienced the kind of diaper blow-outs that Lauren has. I don't know how he does it, but Chase misses them every single time! Aw well. He gets all the major baby throw-up! I swear she's wearing diapers that fit. I tried her in a size two and they just about fell off her.

It's been fun to play with my nephews and see them with their new baby brother and Lauren. They like to give her hugs and tell me that "She's cute!" Thomas will whisper and tell me that "Baby Wawen is sleeeping!" and then yell "Baby Dallin is AWAKE!" Oh they make me laugh.

Finally got around to planting my flowers. At least it kind of looks like spring amongst all the rain.

Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm glad you've figured out a kind of schedule. Maybe I will come visit you sometime in June (this month is way busy for me).

Heather said...

I had to leave Peter too and it was the worst! At least it is for only a couple days a week!!

About the diapers I have found that he brand makes a BIG difference! Costco, luvs and Huggies have worked for us, but the Parents Choice (Walmart) brand were bad news! I don't know what you are using but you might want to try switching brands!!

Good luck! I am sure that you are an amazing mommy! Lauren is lucky to have you!

Bekah and Lance said...

That's awesome your schedules work out so well with work! It's hard being a working mommy!! Don't worry about the blow-outs, they all go through that stage and there's nothing you can do to prevent it! :)