We think we've got it all figured out for the semester. Thank goodness. With moving and everything the week after school started it was a pretty stressful couple of weeks, but know everything seems to be slowing down into a predictable routine, which we REALLY like. We love our new place, we just keep losing things it's so big! We have no idea where the checkbook, my calculator and my graduation application are. (I really need to find that last one...)
Chase has been great to drop me off and pick me up from school and work everyday so I don't have to ride the bus with all the crazy people. (No offense to anyone who rides the bus, but you for sure meet some interesting people on there!) It's been working out really well for both our schedules.
Chase is liking most of his classes this semester and now gets to study in what we affectionately call "The Man Cave" (the 2nd bedroom). He was nice though to give up half of the space and set up my sewing machine and other girly stuff in there too. :)
I like my classes really well too for the most part. I didn't realize that one I was taking was the senior capstone class, so that's turned out to be a little busier than I thought, but not too bad.
I had to have an emergency root canal this last week. Lortab is amazing. Enough said.
I'm trying to find fabric that I like to make some curtains for our living room. I'm trying to find some sort of slate/navy blue... but no luck quite yet. I did get some made for the laundry room though!
Chase's family came up on Saturday to celebrate my birthday by taking me out to Texas Roadhouse. Really good! Although they have the MOST embarrassing birthday ritual I have ever endured at a restaurant. It involved riding a saddle on a platform in the middle of the isle where everyone and their dog in the restaurant can see how red your face is. It was a dang good thing I got ice cream out of the deal!
My family came on Sunday and brought me dinner which was amazing! And my parents got me an ice cream maker! There is nothing quite so good as homemade ice cream at a family birthday party.
Chase's dad also made me some bookshelves for my birthday so our bookshelf hunt is over. We're having a fun time staining and finishing them. Pictures to come when they're all done! I'm quite impressed with how good Chase has made them look.
We got new callings in our new ward as ward missionaries. We have no idea what we're supposed to do but it sounds fun!
Next week we're headed to Salt Lake for Conference. I am really excited since I've never been to a live session! We were lucky enough to get tickets this time.
Well that pretty much sums up what we've been up to! Thanks for reading!
4 comments:
Root Canal?! I'm so sorry!
OOH! you have to post pictures of your curtains that you have made! I am dying for curtains. They just are so expensive to buy, so I wanted to attempt to make some. I wish I was closer to Logan so you could show me some of your mad sewing skills. :)
Wow-you've been busy! I'm sorry you had a root canal! That does not sound like fun :( Happy Birthday! And congrats on your new callings! I think being a ward missionary would be cool. We miss you!
Ha ha the "man cave"! I don't know why we never thought of that because our second bedroom is pretty much a man cave as well.
Post a Comment