Tuesday, May 5

Park City

Since it was our anniversary yesterday, we went to Park City to celebrate/take a vacation in celebration of school being out! It was so great to just be away for a few days.

We started off the weekend by going to our stake conference. Elder Oaks came and spoke. It's a really neat experience to see an apostle in person. He spoke about some things that I needed to hear as far as encouragement goes. He is a really funny guy in person! He had us all laughing lots!

Then we went to visit some friends that we've been missing at Primary Children's Hospital. It was great to be able to talk to them for awhile and meet their new baby.

Here's Chase on the lookout at the Olympic Park. It was a pretty view.

Chase in front of the ski jumps.

These are the practice ski jumps where they land in a pool. The pool was empty.

The nifty sign thingy at the entrance.

Chase and I on Main Street.

Me in the most famous spot for taking pictures here. (I swear anyone who has ever been here has one of these pictures!)



It's a good thing there are such things as vacations. What would we do without them?

3 comments:

Mandi and Adam said...

Sounds like a fun trip. I don't think that I've ever been down Main Street in Park City in all the times I've been up there. We always just go to the factory stores and then come home. I have been to the Olympic Park though. I guess we'll have to go to Main Street sometime. Happy anniversary!

Jackie Norris said...

Fun! Looks like you guys had a great time. Happy Anniversary!

Heather said...

Cute pictures! I'm glad you had a good time! It is so nice to relax and take a vacation-especially to celebrate the semester being over!