Sunday, December 14

Yay for Christmas!

Lots has been happening these last few weeks...so just to catch up a little for starters....

We made it back from Arizona where we spent Thanksgiving with Chase's Dad's side of the family. Lots of fun. I experienced my first Black Friday shopping frenzy. It will TOTALLY be worth getting up at 3:30 to see the look on Chase's face when he see's what I got him! And really, I think there are some deals worth getting up that early for!

I found another job that will be great for us! I will be working in the CIL lab on campus, helping in the lab and developing new tests. My boss is great to work with, I don't have to work weekends, I don't have to be on-call all the time, I get all school holidays off if I want, they are paying me what I asked, and they practically let me work when I want to. I couldn't have gotten much better!

Me and Chase decided that we wanted to have our own Thanksgiving dinner last Sunday, so we had our sisters and Ben come over to help us eat it. It was my first experience cooking a turkey all by myself. It wasn't too bad. But the saddest part was when my pyrex pan with my FAVORITE dish (the yams) EXPLODED! Yes, it just fell apart. I took it out of the oven and it broke into a million pieces just sitting there on the counter. I am thinking thick glass pans like that are NOT supposed to do that. Weird.




We made it through finals! Yippee. I was kind of stressed out with these ones because I needed to do well to get the GPA I needed to get into the Secondary Ed program... but then... I changed my major! So then they didn't matter all that much.

So yes, after thinking for over a year that I wanted to do something other than teach biology, I found Public Health Education with a minor in biology. My classes transfer almost seamlessly over and I'll be able to graduate a year earlier than expected! QUITE happy about this! Kind of popped out of the blue, but when it was the right thing and what I had been looking for, I couldn't hesitate more than a few days.

We traveled down to my parent's house this week for our annual Adair family Christmas party, only to be snowed in so we couldn't go, followed by a white-knuckle drive home today.

And we put up our cute LITTLE Christmas tree. I quite like it, but will be happy when we can upgrade to a real one or at least a bigger one.



This is the angel Chase gave me for Christmas last year. I love it!



My favorite part is the polka-dotted ribbon!

So that should just about wrap up what we've been up to!

9 comments:

Allison said...

You guys are as busy as we are! Good to see you again finally last night!

Mandi and Adam said...

How fun! We'll have to meet in Kaysville sometime, since both your parents and Adam's parents live there. I sure don't miss those white-knuckle drives home to Logan! We hardly have any snow here; maybe you should move to Provo. :)

Jackie Norris said...

I'm so glad you were able to find a good job! And, I totally understand dropping the teaching thing...I'm right there with you! That's exciting to be graduating earlier. So will you graduate in May or next December? That's awesome, though!

Oh, and I meant to tell you that your hair looked darling at church yesterday. Did you get it cut?

Heather said...

Hey! We found your blog through Holly's :) Congratulations on your new job! That is wonderful! And that is exciting about changing your major too. When you feel like it's right you've just got to do it! And graduating earlier is a big plus :)

The Crookston Fam said...

It sounds like things are going really well! That's awesome! Enjoy your break! :)

The Crookston Fam said...

We should be up here for almost all of it except for the 24th-28th ish. We'll be out of town most weekends too, so let us know when works for you. I'm sure we can figure something out. :)

Jenny said...

Cute Tree! I hope you have a happy holidays! I am glad you survived finals too! Awesome!

Brie said...

Congratulations on surviving finals! Sam has been happier than he has been in months now that this semester is over! Your tree is really cute, it looks just like ours! A nice little tree for our nice little apartment. Someday we'll get the tall 10 ft. pine tree right?...

Todd and Jordyn Johnson said...

Hi Amy! Im glad i saw you on Holly's blog! You look so cute! Good to see your doing great after all these years. Its so fun to see people after high school! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!