Monday, April 18

Loads and Loads of Cement

Ever since moving in we've wanted to expand our back patio so we could fit a picnic table and, eventually, a pergola with benches and a swing. That area has been a weed/junk pile for the last two years and I was sick of it! So after getting a fence we figured we might as well pour the patio so we could enjoy our yard more.

That weed patch didn't seem nearly as big as it turned out to be. It was a much more involved job than we planned on, but thanks to Chase's Dad and help from mine, it's done and I love it! Never thought I would think of cement so fondly. :)



Lauren and Gavin had a ball playing in the sand, which subsequently, meant it was ALL over the house. I think I finally swept up the last of it! We still have a half-yard of sand leftover sitting in the driveway. Any takers willing to haul it away?

2 comments:

Aimee said...

I need to come over and see it! I have been curious while I've seen all the work going on over there :)
Glad it's done and you can enjoy it now!

Margie Anderson said...

Maybe I'll come haul the sand to our sandbox. It can always use more. I might have to drive the lawn mower over with the trailer though so the neighbors will love that craziness. :)