Monday, April 21

Gag Reflex

I need some help from anyone who knows anything to try! Gavin has an uber sensitive gag reflux. I'm pretty sure it's stemmed from his acid reflux and that's one of the reasons he doesn't like to eat. Well now he's teething... which gives him a super runny nose that runs down the back of his throat and gags him. Every time he gags he throws up the entire contents of his stomach.

He's hardly eaten anything for the last two days either because he's thrown it all up or won't even eat it in the first place. I feel bad for the poor boy since his mouth hurts and he's hungry! Any ideas out there? The nurse at the doctor's office said to try the best I could to get him to eat, give him tylenol, and watch for dehydration, but seriously... does anyone know how to help with that nasty reflex?

No comments: