Saturday, April 26

Eventful Easter and a Long Week

We had a fun Easter! Chase's parents came down for the weekend and we went to the temple for Cal's birthday, hung out on Saturday and went to dinner for Chance's birthday, then headed to Lehi bright and early Sunday morning for a family baby blessing. We had Easter dinner at our house followed by an easter egg hunt! We had a fun weekend!

And then Chase's Dad texted Monday night telling us that his Mom was being admitted to the hospital for an intracranial bleed. Long story short, she had a hemorrhagic stroke and spent most of the week in the ICU. The good news is that she is expected to make a full recovery within the year since there isn't any brain damage; she will regain everything as the blood absorbs and clears out of her brain. Scary stuff. She will be in rehab for a few weeks at the hospital and hopefully be able to go home afterwards.

I am just so glad that she will be okay. Honestly, this scared me to death as my Dad had a stroke 12 years ago when I was 15. It was traumatic and I was scared thinking that my mother-in-law might have to deal with the same thing. It's crazy how life throws things at you, I keep wondering and asking why this had to happen twice, I don't know the answer yet, but in the end, it will all be okay.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Yikes! I am so sorry about Chase's mom but glad to hear that she will be okay. How are things with Gavin's gag reflex. I felt bad that I didn't have any advice for that...