Not much going on in our lives right now. Which is nice... sometimes it's good to just be.
We did celebrate my birthday last Friday which was fun. I couldn't really think of anything that I wanted... so I told Chase to get me a new veggie peeler since my old one bit the dust. Which he did and it's so awesome... and lime green. (He calls it the most boring birthday present ever.) Didn't realize how much I used it until I didn't have one anymore. :) He got me a wheat grinder for our food storage too.
I asked Chase's parents for food storage and case lots. Everyone thought I was being silly wanting that for my birthday. But it makes me feel good seeing food on the shelves downstairs. Grocery shopping gives me the same satisfaction when I see a full fridge of food. I always felt a little apprehensive about food storage in our apartments as we didn't have much since we didn't want to move it. But now we're settled it's nice to be able to build it up.
I went birthday shopping with my mom and sister on Saturday before the Relief Society Broadcast. We had a blast and Chase was great to take the kids so I was childless for the day. My family came Sunday with homemade ice cream and lemon poppy seed cake in tow to celebrate!
I've been canning with my mom, we've done soup, tomatoes, and we're waiting for pears to come now.
We're loving this cooler weather. I love jacket season. It's nice to cuddle up inside where it's warm and watch the rain and the leaves turn colors.


No comments:
Post a Comment