Thursday, September 12

Today

Today... was a long day.

A certain sneaky little girl innocently handed me my makeup case while feeding Gavin, smiling sweetly and saying, "ere go Mommy." Little did I know, in the next room she had my coverup stick in hand (which she knows she's not supposed to play with), smearing it all over herself, therefore smearing it all over my newly cleaned couch as well. Resulting in Timeout #1.

While getting dressed, said little girl comes into the bedroom wrapped up in scotch tape and can't get out. She hands me the scissors that she wasn't supposed to be able to reach, and knew she wasn't supposed to play with. I cut her free and notice that in addition to the mummifying tape job, she had a scissor-induced hole in her nice shirt. Timeout #2

Next half hour...after getting dressed I come into the living room to find said sneaky little girl lurking around the TV, which she also knows she's not supposed to play with. TV doesn't work anymore. No idea what she did. She's always been so good to let me shower and she'd sit and watch a show. Timeout #3.

While feeding Gavin again, I notice a distinct sound of silence. I call for Lauren and she comes out of the bathroom with the baby soap dripping from the open, empty, bottle on the carpet after completely lathering herself ALL over. Timeout #4.

So at this point I'm thinking, she is not going to see the end of the day if she keeps this up. But I figured maybe she was feeling jealous and needed some one-on-one parent time. So Chase took her to the park when he got home. And we thought that did the trick as she came home smiling and happily skipped off to bed.

Half hour later... I hear her door creak open. She excitedly bounds out and proudly holds up a large green crayon. I just knew what I was going to find...I scooped her up and we went to admire the green crayon mural all over her walls. No idea where this crayon came from. She spent the next 15 minutes washing her walls with a magic eraser.

It's a dang good thing she's cute...




3 comments:

Aimee said...

Oh my goodness Amy!
I'm sorry it was such a rough day!
You're right...it is a good thing she's cute :)

stevie kay said...

I'm sorry. That's all I have to say because we've been there. Keep your chin up and tomorrow will be better!

cheryl said...

sounds like she needs to visit grandma and paque for a few days!!!