We must have lived in too many apartments. I find myself trying to figure out ways to not make anything permanent in this house or having a hard time taking ownership:
-Such as trying as hard as I can to find a way to NOT pound a nail in the wall that I'll have to fill later when we move.
-Saving random bits of furniture because I just don't know if it would work better in our next abode.
-Saving boxes.
-Committing to curtains in every room since I'll just have to remove all the hardware and save all the pieces during the move, not to mention that every single window in every single apartment is a different size.
-Painting since I've never been able to and don't want to have to repaint everything white (the tree in Lauren's room was a daring step for me!)
-Thinking, oh, that small leak doesn't matter, the landlord will fix it when we move soon.
-Never buying new dishes that we could really use since we don't have any cupboard space and I don't want to pack them.
-Oh it's okay if we don't mow the lawn, it's mostly weeds anyway around the apartment.
-The something-or-other isn't working quite right... lets call the landlord.
This whole house thing is so different! And it couldn't be a more happy adjustment...it just might take awhile to realize that we can do whatever we darn well please and enjoy... or dread... the consequences!
2 comments:
This post made me smile Amy :)
So cute!
I'm glad you're having to make these adjustments too...and we love that you're making them right next to us :)
That will probably be an adjustment for us in a year! I want to make my apartment more like a home, but just don't want to spend the money to do so when it will change in a bit or to do something I will have to repair later.
Post a Comment