Monday, July 16

Summer

July has been crazy busy! And it's only half over!

We didn't really get too festive for the 4th. Chase's parents came into town to help out with our new little niece so we had a grass-planting party all that day. Chase and Cal put in sprinklers and planted the whole side yard and fixed a leak in our bathroom. It was  productive day! And the grass is growing! I try to imagine that one day our garden of weeds in the backyard will be nice, green grass. Later that night I headed to my parents with Lauren for a BBQ. It was nice to be down there, seems like we haven't gone for a long time.

We invited the cousins over and had a swimming party. We tried out the new pool Aunt Stephanie got Lauren for her birthday. She wasn't quite ready to get all the way in yet, she sat on the side and just let her toes go swimming instead. :)
Soaking the toes.
We also went up to campus to walk around with the cousins and aunts. I haven't been up on campus for a long time and it feels nice to be there. I miss being in school on rare occasions. We watched the old Ag Science building being torn down and got to see a whole section crumble down when the back-hoe smashed the roof in. It was quite impressive. It was a little weird to see the lab where I worked half-way demolished. And of course we had to stop at the dairy and get some ice cream. :)
Lauren patting Dallin on the head making sure he's okay.

Best buds. (Lauren was done with the museum!)
Chase's sister, Callee, and I also painted the tree on Lauren's bedroom wall. Since her small vinyl one has since passed on we decided it would be fun to just paint it and make it bigger. Now there will be no way Lauren can peel this tree off the wall! I think it turned out pretty good!


Lauren had her 15 month checkup. She's getting tall and skinny and seems to understand pretty much everything we say. She's become quite the little helper around the house. She likes to sweep, dust, unload the dishwasher and load the dryer.
We make her earn her keep. :)
"I like to read Mom....naked." I found her like this after her bath while I was cleaning up the bathroom. Oh silly.

 I tried to just wash Lauren's hands the other day... and this is how it turned out. Kept her happy and busy for an hour so I can't complain!

 She's also decided that smearing all manner of food on her head is so funny. We don't think it's so funny, but the resulting hairdo's are quite humorous.
This is her "Oh yeah? You just THINK you're going to wash my face!" look. And don't let the bib fool you! :)

We just got back from our Bear Lake vacation with my family. It was alot of fun! Unfortunately Lauren woke up screaming the second night we were there with a high fever and wouldn't go back to sleep. I ran her back to Logan the next morning to the doctor and she has a double ear infection and a fever from her shots last week. Poor girl, I felt so bad for her. She's pretty much back to normal today though. I hope my whole family doesn't hate us because we kept EVERYBODY in the condo up ALL night. We swam in the lake and took rides on the paddle boat. Lauren particularly liked the paddle boat, though she insisted on steering the whole time. :) We watched a thunderstorm pass over the lake and saw search and rescue go out to find a sailboat in the storm.

It was Chase's birthday yesterday. I felt kind of bad that we didn't do a whole lot since it was Sunday and kind of got put on the back-burner from Bear Lake. Lauren still didn't feel good so we just made it to Sacrament Meeting and let her sleep the rest of the day. I did manage to make him his favorite alfredo. Hopefully we can go out tonight to celebrate some more!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Oh my goodness Amy! Those pictures of Lauren are hilarious...the first one in the pool, the one in the sink and the one in the high chair are my favorite!
We are so thrilled to see grass growing between our houses too! Good work :)
Your tree in Lauren's room turned out awesome! I am totally impressed.

Tamra said...

These are great pictures!! I am glad that Lauren is feeling better. Thanks for the great weekend. I hope Chase had a good birthday.
love ya
Mom

Scrap Happy said...

Did you get my comment? Not showing up... maybe you have it in your inbox already. Sorry for duplicate if so. Send me a pic of Lauren's whole wall so I can plan the vinyl around your new tree!! shelliedesign@gmail.com