I never thought being a mom would be this much fun. It's so great to see how your kids grow and learn. And see what funny things in their personalities come out.
Lauren learned how to tickle this week. She started wiggling her fingers on my knee and giggling. Then she moved to my toes and thought that was the most hilarious thing ever.
She learned how to open the chapel doors at church. How? I have no idea really, other than that she is tough! Those doors are heavy! I took her out in the hall to sit for a minute since she started screaming when I wouldn't let her get out of the bench to walk around. After sitting for a few minutes I let her get down to wander. She walked over to the chapel door and wiggled those little fingers in the crack and opened the door and ran back inside! I ran after her, grabbed her and just sat on the back row. She got down and ran back to the doors and ran out! Between her figuring out how to climb up on the stand to visit Daddy and opening the doors, Sacrament meeting just got alot more interesting.
She's also against eating with her hands. I've started giving her spoons and forks with her meals just to get her used to them. She tries so hard to pick up food with them and gets so mad when she can't.
Playing with her is so fun. She loves to share, so she will take pieces of whatever and hand them to me and whoever else is around. Today she was handing out grapes and fruit to all my family at my cousin's farewell. She will stop playing every now and then and come give me a hug, then she's off again.
When we go to get her out of her crib in the morning she always grins, waves and says "hi!" when we open the door.
She loves playing peek-a-boo around the door in her room.
Laundry is one of her favorite things. She will stand in front of the dryer and put clothes in as I hand them to her. When we're folding she grabs socks and tries to pat them together.
One of her favorite games is when I chase her. She giggles and tries to run as fast as her chubby little legs can go. I hide behind the bar and jump out to scare her and she will just squeal and laugh at the top of her lungs.
She loves her bath! She has a rubber ducky that she's figured out how to squirt. She also knows it has to go under the water first before she can squirt it.
Her baby, Minnie and puppy are her favorite toys. She laughs when she sees them gives them hugs and carries them around everywhere.
She can give the best crusty face I have ever seen. You always know when she it NOT happy with what you just did. She lowers those eyebrows and just glares at you.
Since we've been packing lately she's seemed to have caught on to what she should do. I was packing books the other day and she snuck under my arm and started handing me the books and then putting them in the box.
Kicking her ball outside is one of her favorite things to do now. She will kick that red ball around forever.
Her little wave makes everyone at the grocery store stop and talk to her. She loves people and likes to say hi to them.
She found the power button on the TV and reaches on her tip-toes to turn off the movie her cousins are watching.
I love how she holds out her little hand to me when she needs my help or wants to go outside.
I love how she snuggles with me in the morning while she watches Curious George.
She just makes me happy. :)
3 comments:
she sure is a cutie!
:) She is so cute and getting very big! I guess sacrament meeting won't be peaceful for you ever again!
She is about the sweetest thing ever. Being a mom really is great.
Post a Comment