-Time flies when you're having fun, or getting no sleep! :)
-I really would like to find a fun spring project to work on while I don't have to go to work for the next few weeks. Any ideas?
-There's just something special about thunderstorms.
-Left arm is falling asleep now while I hold Lauren.
-I'm having a moral dilemma: I really like my job and am kind of excited to get back into the swing of things there, but I feel guilty that I feel like that not wanting to stay at home 24/7 with Lauren. But at the same time, the idea of going back to work and leaving her makes me want to cry! Arg...
-Getting fun mail is one of my most favorite things.
-Leftover alfredo for lunch today!
-Never thought I was lacking in arm strength until having to carry the car seat around. Who needs weights?
- Seriously in need of clothes that fit. Maternity pants are falling down, my regular clothes don't fit yet in certain areas and just the thought of wearing maternity shirts still just makes me sad! Anyone know of any good sales going on?
- Being able to lay on my stomach and bend over is amazing!
3 comments:
Oh she's so precious. :)
I obviously don't have a baby yet, but I can understand your moral dilemma. I love working and feeling like I accomplished something that people can see, but when I have kids, I would like to raise them and not a daycare or babysitter. Gotta love Utah Mormon culture, cuz I feel guilty thinking about working and being a mom. I think that my best idea for both working and being a mom is to work part time. We'll see if I can swing something like that. Good luck!
PS - you should make her an Easter dress and a dress for the wedding.
I hated the inbetween clothing stages...you will get there! In the meantime use a belly band on top of your old jeans just like you did before your maternity pants actually fit, and take advantage of the season to wear a few cozy sweatshirts for another few weeks.
Going back to work might be hard, but I actually wished that I could have gone back for just a few hours at least! I totally get the moral dilemma. Adjusting to full time motherhood is really tough and I am sure that you two have taken time to pray and figure out a plan that will be best for your family at this time. You are not a bad person if you need to return to work, just be sure that the time you are with Lauren is good quality time and recognize that letting other people be a part of her life now will hopefully make her more independent and not so reliant on mommy only in the future!
My favorite projects usually revolve around making something for Kayli. :) There are TONS of sites that show you how to make free clippies/bows for girls. They're easier than I ever expected and SO much cheaper to make yourself! My favorite bow sites are http://www.girlythingsbows.com and http://makebowsandmore.blogspot.com
It seems like Kohl's and JC Penney's always have sales going on, plus here are a couple coupons:
http://f.jcpenneyem.com/i/2/95827765/mailer.html
http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/45320/14d/ig.rsys2.net/responsysimages/content/kohls/042611_printpassBMSM.gif
Just don't buy too much, because who knows what size you'll be next week? I bought a few nursing tops online when Kayli was a week or two old, but by the time I got them in the mail a couple weeks later, I'd lost so much weight that I had to return them. I was lucky enough to lose all the baby weight in about 2.5 months, so I was glad I hadn't bought very many in-between clothes. Try to hold out at least a couple more months before you buy too many more clothes and see where your weight/shape seems to settle. Give yourself plenty of time after that 6-week appt. where you get the ok to exercise again. :)
Post a Comment