Monday, April 4

Home and Healthy









We made it home and Lauren is healthy and happy! It's nice to be home and able to walk around and eat food that I actually want. So far Lauren has been a little angel baby. She doesn't cry very much at all, just squawks a few times when she's hungry every three hours on the dot.

I have new-found respect for women who have really long labors. 28 hours did me in and it's a good thing she came when she did because I didn't have anything left in me. Thank goodness for epidurals though!

I'm pretty shocked that her name isn't Kyrie. She came out and Chase looked at her and said "She's a Lauren." And that was that! It's fits her.

She did spend a few days in the NICU which wasn't very fun with an IV sticking out of her head. Thankfully though it was just some sort of little infection that the doctor wanted to take care of before it went full-blown and made her really sick.

Thanks again for all the prayers, messages, texts and love sent our way. We appreciate all of you and feel loved!

11 comments:

Jamie and Tom said...

:) She's beautiful!! Congratulations you guys!! Love the name Lauren as well!! So cute!

Jackie Norris said...

Oh yey! So happy for you guys! She is adorable and I'm so glad she is healthy.

28 hours?! You are a rockstar!

Mandi and Adam said...

Yay! I'm so glad that she's home and healthy! She's beautiful.

Jillian said...

I really don't think she could be any cuter. She is absolutely adorable. I love the top pictures with those chubby cheeks. So glad she is here and healthy. Congrats you two- You are gonna be GREAT parents :)

jwhittaker said...

Congrats you guys! She is so cute! I can't wait to meet her.

Bekah and Lance said...

Glad you are both home and doing well! Enjoy this time to snuggle and get lots of rest!

Allison said...

Keep those pictures coming! I agree...she looks like a Lauren! I love the name and I love her! I feel for your 28 hour labor...YUCK! I hope that you are healing, she is adjusting to life at home, and that everyone is good!

Heather said...

She is beautiful Amy! Congratulations :)

Rachel Paben said...

YAY! She looks sooo squishable! Congrats you guys!

Mandy said...

Oh she is so cute! And Lauren is a cute name. Congrats again!

The Crookston Fam said...

She's darling! I'm so glad that she's healthy and home! Get all the rest you can and cherish every moment! They grow way too fast!