It's official, summer is almost over now that we bought school supplies for Chase.
It's been a really nice summer, nothing too crazy and busy. We enjoyed being at home a lot and just having nothing that we NEEDED to do. The last few weeks have been especially slow and relaxed since I've been dead tired and sick. (Thank goodness for anti-nausea medication!)
It's kind of weird seeing all the school supplies and clothes on sale and knowing that I don't need any of them!
Today marks three months at this new job. Yay, training is over!
I'm excited for winter this year. Mostly because I won't have to trek across campus in a blizzard anymore (sorry for those of you who do!) and it will be sweater season soon! I am quite glad that I will be pregnant mostly through the winter and not the heat of summer.
So even though we haven't started baby shopping hardly at all. We're getting a little curious as to what we're really going to need with a baby and all. Any suggestions on what you can NOT live without when having a baby?
4 comments:
There are SOOO many basics, but a very handy thing is a BOPPY, something u will definately want if nursing is CREAM, I love my DIAPER GENIE and a MIRROR so u can see baby while driving is great!
We are baby minimalists, but I would take advantage of the remainder of yard sale season while you can. We have picked up most of our baby things gently used for pennies. You will only need a few small basics in the beginning and then can accumulate other things as you find you need them. Don't be afraid to borrow things from friends and neighbors for the stage your baby is in (then you don't have to store them when your baby outgrows them!!) Before Grant was born, we had a crib and bedding, diapers, wipes, a few small size clothes, a boppy, a stroller, and a car seat. Everything else, we gathered the next summer at yard sales and shopped DI for. I am glad you are feeling better...it is a wonder that anyone has kids at all with all of the pains that come with the pregnancy process!
We had a bouncer seat we got for Andrew and we LOVED it. We didn't have one for the other kids, but I wish we had. We got it for free, it comes apart to store small, and Andrew liked being in there. Another thing we used quite a bit is our Snugli (front-pack carrier). I used it the most with Brooke, though we used it some for our other kids too.
We went to a pretty good consignment sale out here the other day. It's called Just Between Friends and they have them all over the country. There's one coming up in Layton on Sept. 8-11. It might be worhtwhile for you to check out. You can visit their website here: http://layton.jbfsale.com/ for more info. At the one out here they had tons of clothes, some toys, bumper pads, strollers, etc. We only bought clothes so I didn't check prices of anything else, but the consigners price their own stuff anyway so there's a lot of variety in prices. Good luck!
Just for you!
http://steviekaycroft.blogspot.com/2010/09/baby-must-haves.html
Post a Comment