We just got back from dinner with some friends in the ward. They are great people and are awesome examples to us. I have a hard time with small talk so situations like these sometimes tend to make me feel awkward, but I thoroughly enjoyed talking with them tonight. I learned more about myself and some about Chase too. They asked us questions like:
1. What are some distinct memories from your childhood that you think helped define who you are?
2. What is the best thing you have learned being married to your spouse?
3. What was your favorite part of church today?
4. What do you do to try and get the most out of church?
5. How do you celebrate anniversaries, birthdays. etc.?
6. What is a main principle/concept you learned from your parents?
I really liked it. And it wasn't awkward at all, like it could be when someone asks you about those personal kinds of things. It was great to talk to them genuinely and openly and learn things from each other. It made me want to change the way we entertain guests because I truly felt more uplifted walking out of their apartment.
One of the things we admire about this couple is their ability to see Heavenly Father's hand in all aspects of their life and openly talk about it. They don't do it haughtily or stuck-up at all. You can tell they are genuinely humble and trying to become better individually and in their marriage. I want to be more like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment