
Yep, a fancy, smancy new Digital SLR.
I thought I wouldn't have one of these for years.
I mentioned to Chase a few months ago that someday I would like to learn more about photography and take it up as a hobby. I've wanted to since taking photography classes in junior high and high school, but I thought I would get one when we had kids, more money and time to actually do something like this. I should never underestimate Chase. Ever. He arranged a deal with the parentals and they've always been so nice and great to me so now I am a proud owner... that really doesn't have an inkling what the buttons on it do!
I have a basic background in photography but I used an old manual SLR camera that my dad gave me from his mission, and I love it. It's a really cool camera, and it only has like 3 buttons. I can deal with that. As excited as I am about being able to learn about this new camera I don't think I've even found all the buttons on the thing there's so many! But I have dreams of one day being able to take pictures like Ali, Jackie, or Michelle. They're amazing.
So basically I am thrilled, but overwhelmed at the same time that I got lucky enough to marry a guy that really takes the phrase "give me everything I want/need" to the extreme. Pretty sure it'll take me a good while to do justice to this new camera, I guess it's a good thing I got it now so I can actually learn to use it before we have kids to take pictures of!
I am way too spoiled for my own good. My own parents and Chase's parents have always helped give us what we need, and some of what we want. Thanks. :)
5 comments:
Wow! Congrats! Kyle's going to be jealous! You'll be great at photography--you have a good eye for design and details. And Chase can figure out all the high tech buttons! And until you have your own kids to take pictures of, you can practice on mine! :)
You are so lucky! Someday I will have a nice camera too!
Whoa, I'm so flattered!
What a sweet gift! That's what I got for graduation...and Christmas...and my Birthday. It was awesome though.
And seriously, if you ever want to talk camera stuff. LET ME KNOW. I love talking about it and I love to teach other people! You can email me at jackienorrisphoto@gmail.com or call me 801-645-1716.
I'm jealous! Have lots of fun with it!
Whoo Hoo! As you can see, I am behind on checking private blogs! I am glad that you have this new camera. We love the fun we have had together with ours. I can't wait to see what photos you come up with in the future!
Post a Comment