Monday, November 17

Taking Time for Gratitude

Reading everyone's blogs and seeing what they are thankful for made me want to tell of you some things I am thankful for. And it's something I need to do, because I don't do it often enough! And I feel like I need to take the time to be thankful for something when we've been so caught up with work, school, and just life in general; all things that can just get you down if you don't take the time to count your blessings.


1. Chase-I don't know what I ever did to deserve someone like him. Rain, shine, snow or hail, he is there to take care of me. He will bend over backwards to do anything for me. I haven't been feeling very good the last few days, but he drove me all the way to Kaysville so I could be at my best friend's reception, and he stayed with me the whole time! He made breakfast, offered to lead for me in church, did the dishes, made the bed, did some Christmas shopping, and did laundry, and all so I could sit on the couch and work while I tried to feel better.

He is my best friend. I was talking to some friends at said reception above, and one unmarried friend mentioned how scary it would be to have to stay with one person for forever. It made me think how happy I was at being able to be with Chase for eternity. And it's because we are best friends.

He makes me laugh. He makes me laugh when I need to the most. He puts everything in a brighter and more practical light and makes it all better.He also has a very cute and sentimental side that not a lot of people ever get to see. He always takes the time to make sure I have what I need/want, and he brings me roses on occasion when it's been a hard day and ice cream when it has been a really hard day. He's the best ever and just what I need!


2. Friends- I have the most amazing friends in the world. I love it when I just need to talk to someone and one of them will call to see how I am, just because they felt like I needed a phone call. It happens all the time! I love friends who are going through the same things with life and are there to offer suggestions and empathy.

3. A great apartment- Granted, I would still like another room, but the apartment that we have is so nice! All utilities are included in the rent and that is such a blessing! We can do laundry whenever we want and not worry about a water bill! It is also two houses down from the bus-stop which will be very convenient when the snow starts to fly. It is also in the basement, which drives me nuts sometimes, because I can't people-watch and I feel like we're cut off from civilization, but this makes it so we have to make more of an effort to talk to people and friends, which has created better friendships in the long-run. It also has fun green walls and cute apple wallpaper in the kitchen; no cinder-blocks for us! And it has a ginormous closet! Never before have I realized the luxury of having closet space; it's wonderful.


4. That cavities are less expensive that root-canals- I know this one is weird. But it is a fact that I am truly thankful for this week. I've also had a really bad toothache all week. (It's been a bad week as far as physical ailments go!) I finally called the dentist to get it checked out. I figured by the way it was hurting I would have to get a root-canal. Thank goodness it was only a really annoyingly painful cavity!


5. The gospel- Even when life gives you really sour lemons and cavities, Heavenly Father is there to keep telling you he loves you. That's all we really need. Despite everything... He still loves us!

1 comment:

Shels said...

I love how we are given the opportunity to reflect on all our blessings and express our gratitude! I too can be grateful for the same 5 things you listed. We are so blessed! :)