Monday, February 8

Missing

I know I've been a slacker keeping updated with our lives, but it's winter, and cold, and I'm 36 weeks pregnant... so yeah, not much of anything is happening around here lately!

We did have some fun right after Christmas. We headed down to my parent's for the traditional New Year's Eve Japanese dinner my Dad cooks. It's so yummy! New Year's Day we took Lauren and Gavin sledding. Lauren was quite the dare-devil and kept saying, "This is SO AWESOME!" Gavin went down once and screamed the whole way... so he stayed at the top of the hill and put snowballs in the snow tubes. :)




We also attempted to move Lauren and Gavin into the same bedroom to make room for baby. That went over like a ton of bricks. After a week of no sleeping we gave in and moved Lauren downstairs. Made me a little nervous but we put a monitor down there with her and she loves it! 

We painted Lauren's old room, getting rid of the pretty pale pink which kind of made me sad. But Chase refused to put his new son in a pink bedroom. :) So we painted it a really classy, gender-neutral, light gray. I love how it turned out.


This is the quilt top I did for baby. I'm working on decorating the room with red and aqua to match his quilt. Slowly but surely it's coming together!
 
Thus far I haven't minded terribly being a dog owner. But it's winter, and winter makes dogs get bored easily. Bored dogs get into mischief. The last few weeks I've really considered shipping Millie off! Last week she chewed a hole into her bean bag she sleeps on downstairs. This hole was not very big. I didn't notice said hole. Kids were playing downstairs while I ran upstairs to get something. I return downstairs and kids have found said hole. The ENTIRE innards of the beanbag were now 2 inches deep ALL over the basement floor. I could have sworn. But Lauren was making snow angels in the "snow" and Gavin was shoveling the "snow" with his tractor, and they were giggling and having a ball. Even though it took us hours upon hours to vacuum those dang beans up, at least they played in the "snow" without me having to put on their snow clothes and be cold. Now we'll be enjoying residual "snow" for years to come! Oh joy.




The slew of babies due in February has started! My little sister had her baby boy last Tuesday and my older sister is scheduled to have her baby girl on Wednesday. My sister-in-law should have her baby boy sometime next week. I have to admit, I'm pretty jealous. But visiting my sister in the hospital reminded me that it will be worth it, even though I can barely walk these days. The Dr. told me the only thing that might help with the pain is wearing a pregnancy support belt. Has anyone ever used one?

I have several sewing projects in the works. I'm hoping they'll keep me occupied these next few weeks, and sitting at my sewing machine doesn't require any walking. Thankfully Lauren and Gavin have been great lately playing together downstairs while I sew, although not much else around the house is getting done. :P

That pretty much sums up what's happened the last month or so!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Oh wow! The beanbag beads! What a memory to look back on and smile :)
I love that they were playing in them like snow...those pictures are priceless. Frustrating moment though I am sure!
It's so exciting that all of these babies are coming so close together! Hang in there...you're doing great! And don't worry that not much is happening around the house as far as cleaning and things. You just take care of YOURSELF and those cuties :)

Margie Anderson said...

I wore support belts for some pregnancies. My sister would get heavy duty ones that had straps that went over her shoulders. Our bellies stuck out so stinking far there wasn't much else we could do to relieve the discomforts. And we both had to wear compression stockings for ous legs. It does end. Hang in there. And enjoy finding beans for years to come. ;) Good luck!

Jenny said...

I love the new nursery! What a great quilt! You are amazing. I bet you are feeling done. I have been thinking about you