We made it through Christmas! Parties, presents, friends and family...phew. It was fun!
All the pictures are out of order...oh well.
The Sunday before Christmas we had my family party, we played pin the nose on Rudolph and opened presents. Grandma and Grandpa gave Lauren and Gavin a basketball hoop. It's been a favorite around here and I think every toy has been thrown in it at least once. :)
Christmas Eve we headed north. We talked to my brother over skype, we couldn't join in on the call so he called right after talking to the rest of my family so we could talk for a minute. Then we opened jammies and nativity sets for the kids. I've wanted one for a long time so I was thrilled that we got one from Chase's aunt and uncle!
Christmas morning was great. Lauren got her kitchen from Santa/Grandma and Grandpa, a table and chairs from us, and Aunt Callee gave Lauren and Kami her matching Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls. (For awhile Raggedy Ann took George's place, but no worries, George is still beloved around here!)
Gavin got his racetrack from us, (it's almost too tall he can't quite reach to put the cars in at the top!), a tub of dinosaurs, a toolbox, and a batmobile. I got a wheat grinder, a new cutting mat and rotary cutter, a Kindle, and a new bedspread. Chase got a tool chest and a mouse. We were thoroughly spoiled!
The day after Christmas was not too fun, Chase and I both caught the stomach flu and spent all day sick. I have never been that sick before! It was so nice that Grandma could take care of kids for us. The next day we felt somewhat better so we took the kids bowling. That was a hoot! Gavin was so funny yelling wow and yay! for everyone. Sunday church was cancelled so we packed everything up and came home while there was a break in the storm. It had snowed at least a foot while we were up there!
Since then we've had lots of tea parties and meals at Lauren's little table, basketball games and car racing. New toys are the best!







2 comments:
oh, so sorry you guys got sick! No fun...but glad it lasted kind of just one day :)
Sounds like the kids weren't the only ones to get fun new toys :) You made quite a haul!
That is so fun! I love my raggedy ann doll. Callee is so nice to share. :) I am so glad you guys got to get a way too. What a fun Holiday.
Post a Comment