Friday, June 13

Lauren Lately

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words:
-Lauren is into taking selfies lately.
-Grandma found her some pink sunglasses, obviously they make her look like a movie star.
-We took the bumpers off Gavin's crib...she turned them into "seats" leaned up against the banister for all her "friends."
-The guard for my kitchenaid makes an awesome superhero hat, complete the look with some tongs and you're ready to save the world!
-Swinging at the park is a favorite pastime.
-Mom I'm tired!
-Some friends gave us a hand-me-down bike that she's been riding and absolutely loves, here she is helping Daddy fix the tire.
-If you look close she is wearing her sand bucket as a hat, which is for sure the best way to use it!

Her imagination has come full force lately. Yesterday I couldn't find her, I went outside and she was sitting on the step feeding fruit snacks to her "sheepies." Later I found her out there again with her towel over her head like a shepherd and she was singing them to sleep.

She rolled a ball onto the ledge over the stairs and we couldn't reach it. Suddenly her face lit up and she yelled, "I know! Daddy can get it... he is super-duper!" Yep he is.

She had her first dentist visit yesterday. It took me a few minutes to get her in the door, but after that she said she wants to go back next week! They were really good with her and just did a Happy Happy visit. They gave her stickers, movies to watch, toothbrushes and all the toys to play with. She was in heaven! Hopefully next time she'll open her mouth for them to look!

We survived her first week of swimming lessons. Once I can get her INTO the water she has a blast and I can't get her OUT. She has a mind of her own and keeps her teachers hopping, while the rest of the class is doing kicks or blowing bubbles she's off in her own little world. Thankfully it's better since I switched her to the same time as Dallin. Everything is better with your best friend and cousin!

No comments: