We headed to Arizona for Thanksgiving this year! I'll admit I was not looking forward to flying by myself with two kids, but I had to keep reminding myself that it was a million times better than driving for 14 hours with them instead. Thanks for the tickets Cheryl!
 |
| Waiting for the plane. |
Gavin, Lauren and I stayed with my parents Tuesday night and my dad took us to the airport Wednesday and helped us get checked in which was a big help. Lauren was so excited to ride on an "awpane." They both did really well flying but I'm pretty sure we left most of our fruit snacks and crayons on the plane since I only had one hand to get Lauren off!
Chase's Aunt Brenda picked us up in Mesa and then we drove 3 hours to Safford, and they both did awesome on the drive. We got to Safford and hung out at Nonnie and Papa's house for awhile. Gavin was so funny, he must have have been thrilled to be able to stretch out, he just yelled and hollered like he was the happiest kid in the world.

I was expecting Chase and his family to get there about 7 or so but they were later so I took the kids to the hotel for bed. They got to sleep in their clothes since jammies and everything were still in the van with everyone else! (I was glad I packed enough diapers and wipes in the diaper bag to last ALL day!) Lauren thought it was great she got to watch a show for a minute in her bed. Everyone else got there about 11:30.
Thursday morning we went to Nonnie and Papa's again and spent the morning cooking and catching up with everyone. It was perfect 60 degree weather. Not too hot and not too cold, although all the Arizona folk were all bundled up in sweaters and boots while we wore short sleeves and flip-flops!
Thanksgiving dinner was great! The food was great, company was great and we threw a party for Papa's 80th birthday! We played a few minute-to-win-it games and Lauren had a blast with this one with the baseball in the nylons trying to knock water bottles down.
Most of the cousins were there and we got to meet all the new babies in the family. Chase's cousin from Boston was there with his new adopted baby who is gorgeous. It was fun seeing everyone! And of course, we had to take family pictures...
 |
| All eight of the Scott great-grandkids! |
Friday morning we all went swimming at the hotel pool. Lauren was really brave and jumped in and everything! After we went to lunch at Casa, the family's favorite Mexican restaurant. I wasn't very hungry so I just ordered fried ice cream... that was not lost on Lauren who got mad when I tried to make her eat her chicken nuggets before she had ice cream, because Mommy didn't eat her chicken nuggets before her ice cream. Hypocrite mother right here.
 |
| Playing the piano with Uncle Jay. |
Then we all piled in the van and drove to Tucson to see Aunt Stacey. We just hung around there, went to the park, stayed up late laughing, and got ice cream. Lauren had a great time playing with their huge dog, Thor. Aunt Stacey has a way of always making you feel welcome and it was nice to relax and just be with family.
 |
| Waiting at the airport. |
 |
| Look Mom! Stickers! |
Sunday morning we got up waaaay early to drive back to Mesa and drop me and Gavin off at the airport. Seven hours later, after two delays, we boarded and flew home. It was a long wait, but we kept ourselves occupied and Gavin was an angel. I could handle waiting in the airport because everyone else was in the van and Kami got sick. Then Sydney got sick, and then Chance got sick. It was a long drive stopping every hour for someone to throw up. Everyone was just plain worn out by the time they got home. But Lauren did AWESOME the whole drive.
So all in all, it was a successful and fun trip even though we were all thoroughly exhausted! And Lauren and Gavin did GREAT the entire time!
1 comment:
Wow! Sounds like quite the trip!
I'm so glad things went well with the kids and traveling.
Love that picture of Lauren doing the minute to win it game!
Post a Comment